Brands and companies are always finding ways to better engage their audience to obtain valuable insights about their behaviors and interests. This helps them understand what makes their customers tick and subsequently facilitates the sales conversion process. So with WeChat Live Streaming’s imminent availability for Official Accounts, brands will have a new channel to achieve their goals.
What will you gain from implementing WeChat Live Streaming?
- Learn the viewers’ sentiments instantly through their comments and reactions.
- Receive insights on what customers regard as important when selecting products (e.g. when introducing different colors of the latest lipstick, customers may focus on how long-lasting the lipsticks are).
- Brands can obtain honest feedback, learn customers’ preferences and behaviors.
How to leverage the new function?
- Collaborate with WeChat influencers to facilitate sales conversion.
- Select influencers with an established reputation and have a close relationship with their followers so viewers will trust these KOLs for product recommendations and reviews.
- In order to boost impulse purchasing, pair live streaming up with WeChat’s mini-program Mall.
Once the live streaming function fully matures, WeChat will become an even more powerful platform that satisfies all kinds of needs of the online community.
Image source: @tencentlive_helper
How does WeChat Live Streaming works?
The live streaming function is not directly integrated into WeChat’s system, but rather done through linking the Tencent Live app with WeChat as a Mini Program. Thus, Official Account owners will need to connect it with their Tencent Live account.
Users can share their live streaming information in the format of a Mini Program code automatically generated by Tencent Live. When followers receive the push notifications, they can simply click on the code and subscribe to watch the upcoming live stream.
Image source: 36kr
How to apply for WeChat Live Streaming?
Users need to follow the Official Account @tencentlive_helper and provide the following information for verification. This process takes approximately 3 days.
- ID of Tencent Live
- Official Account ID
- Category of Official Account (e.g. lifestyle, fashion and beauty, fitness, F&B, travel, etc.)
- Average views of articles published by the Official Account
- Number of followers
- Screenshot of the Official Account page, clearly showing items #2 and #5 on this list.
- Personal ID used to register for the Official Account
- Screenshot of personal ID
If you want to know more about WeChat influencer marketing, contact us!
Read the full version in Jing Daily.