You probably already know the famous “Digital Marketing Ecosystem infographics” highlighting every digital marketing channels. Most brands & agencies stick to this model for the past 10 years. Yet, the online ecosystem has dramatically changed since 2008. Here is how to re-think about your social media strategy.
- On the fourth quarter of 2017, Facebook had 2.2 billion monthly active users, and WeChat had 1 billion monthly active users. Comparatively, in 2008, Facebook had 100 million users & Wechat did not even exist (launched in 2011).
- The daily time spent on social networking by internet users, worldwide, increase by 50% from 2012 to 2017 (in minutes).
- Now, in China, the average time spent on social media is reaching 110 minutes per day.
Are you ready to think 2018?
- Search Engine moving to Social Media Engine Optimisation. Users, and especially in Asia, are browsing the Internet thru Facebook, Wechat, etc.
- From a traditional blog to a Youtube blog (Vlog) or native WeChat articles!
- Online PR becomes Social Media Influencer Marketing.
- SEM, Display, and Retargeting budgets are shifting to Social Media Advertising that offers stronger targeting capabilities based on user history and not based on cookies or “probabilistic data”.
- The CXM, experience management, is activated on social media mini-apps, programs, and gaming. It is a central online brand experience asset.
- CRM & emailing are replaced by Facebook & Wechat capabilities: chatbots, users management center, Facebook Live Chat, one to one custom messaging, etc.