LinkedIn has announced new updates for its Lead Gen Forms in order to improve the reach and conversions.
One of the updates is, the automatic bid optimisation function auto-adjusts campaign bids to serve users who are more likely to convert. This function has increased 30% of lead submission and decreased 23% of cost per lead in its beta version, and this definitely is great news for advertisers.
LinkedIn launched Lead Gen Forms last year, and they have received good results. According to LinkedIn, businesses that use the option have been able to reduce their cost per lead by more than 20%. No doubt that Linkedin is taking more efforts in developing this function. More features to Lead Gen Form will come in the next few months.
What is LinkedIn’s Lead Gen Forms?
LinkedIn Lead Gen Forms make it easy for advertisers to collect quality leads using forms that are pre-filled with LinkedIn profile data.
When a member clicks on the call-to-action button on a LinkedIn ad with an attached Lead Gen Form, the form is automatically filled with their contact and profile information. They can then submit their information to companies through the form without having to manually type it in.
With Lead Gen Forms, advertisers can collect leads at conversion rates that typically outperform the LinkedIn benchmark.
Lead Gen Forms are available on both mobile and desktop for Sponsored Content and Sponsored InMail campaigns.
How to create effective Lead Gen Forms?
- Choose three to four fields to use on your Lead Gen Form. Including fewer than the maximum of seven fields will likely improve conversion rates.
- If you have high form opens but low lead volume, consider decreasing the number of fields on your Lead Gen Form template or consider revising the verbiage in your creative.
- Check the messaging content and Lead Gen Form to ensure consistency for the best user experience. Your message should clearly relate to the form.
- Remember to bid competitively and choose the right target audience. Please note that ads with Lead Gen Forms can be purchased on a cost-per-click or cost-per-impression basis, but cost-per-lead is not available at this time.
- Be sure to follow up with your leads when you say you will. Include details like how and when you’ll contact them in your thank you message.
- At this time, LinkedIn will not deliver automated content to the member on behalf of the advertiser. If your campaign goal is to deliver content to the member, enter an ungated link to your asset in the thank you message. Alternatively, you can download your leads from Campaign Manager and deliver the asset to the member via email.
Check out how we used LinkedIn to maximise our client’s social footprint.
Read the full article at: www.socialmediatoday.com, and learn more from linkedin.com.