Welcome to article 2/5 focused on our TikTok marketing guide! Wondering how TikTok marketing will work for your brand? Discover everything you need to know about TikTok marketing.
Our previous article about TikTok Advertising formats, TikTok is leading over a short-form video content trends with 800 million active users worldwide. TikTok, as the trendy video-based social media, is a platform mainly aimed at content creators. TikTok gives you the ease in which anyone can become a content creator. It is one of the main factors that give TikTok an advantage over other social media platforms like Instagram and Twitter.
Given the impressive figures, TikTok has its own creator discovery tool: it’s called TikTok Creator Marketplace(https://creatormarketplace.tiktok.com). Let’s take a closer look at how TikTok Creator Marketplace. What are its features and how to leverage TikTok creators on your next influencer marketing?
What is TikTok Creator Marketplace?
Tiktok Creator Marketplace (also known as ‘TCM’) is TikTok’s own official platform for brand and creator collaborations, enabling brands to discover the influencers based on country, topic, reach, and average view, etc. There are more than 9,000 high-quality creators over 7 countries and regions, and you can freely choose the collaboration opportunities you are interested in.
1. Why use TikTok Creator Marketplace? Here are the key features
- Authenticated Data
All usable data is coming from TikTok itself with comprehensive metrics analysis. Built on its proprietary reporting platform, TCM is specifically designed for holistic influencer marketing. This facilitates the entire end-to-end process for influencer activation and it could be a very helpful tool for brands looking to run TikTok campaigns.
- Direct contact with the creator
You can reach out to creators directly within the TikTok Creator Marketplace. Also, all relevant information about the campaign name, contact/brand, collaboration description could send to the creator at once. It will save time and effort to manage the conversation as well as the relationship with the creator.
- Reporting tool
You can track and analyze all the campaign results in one place by a campaign reporting tool: how each creator performed on the campaign, determine who’s the best partner. It gives you the overall number of videos each creator made, including total engagements they generated.
2. How to use TikTok Creator Marketplace? – Discover, Connect, and Manage
a. Finding the right creators
The right creator can help you develop relationships with your audience on TikTok. You can choose Creators with the help of this following keyword filter. It allows you to find the perfect creator for your campaign. You can search the creator with the following filters:
- Country or Region
- Average Views
- Audience Country or Region
- Audiences Devices
- E-commerce Anchor: Qualifying creators who enable this feature can partner with brands and include links to products sold online when they post their videos.
Once you found a list of candidates, you can browse the creator’s profile to see if they’re a good match for your campaign by reviewing the following data points:
- Core Metrics
- Sample Videos
- Audience Demographics
You can also measure, benchmark, and predict the performance of a creator by observing the following metrics:
- Follower growth
- Recent Video Views
b. Contacting Creators
After finding creators that you want to collaborate with, you can directly contact the creator and start a conversation. To invite multiple creators, you can select the creators and tap “Add to list” or “Add to Campaign”. It helps you to manage in real-time, enabling you to have better communication and quicker actions.
c. Campaign Management
The status of all creator messages that you send via TikTok Creator Marketplace is displayed in the “My Activity” tab.
4 status functions to keep in mind:
- Waiting for reply: Once the campaign passed review, the status will be updated to Waiting for reply. The creator will have 72 hours to reply.
- Connected: The creator has accepted the invitation and you will now need to contact the creator for the next steps.
- Contact Decline: The creator is not interested in the campaign at this time.
- Expired: If the creator does not reply in 72 hours, the campaign will expire.
3. How to use check campaign analysis – Campaign Reporting tool
The campaign Reporting tool will provide real-time data on all the important metrics from your campaign: views, engagements, audience breakdowns and etc.
You need to check before:
- Ensure that hired creators correctly disclose video sponsorship by toggling “sponsored content” on their video prior to posting and choosing your campaign.
- Add creator costs. After entering creator costs, you can instantly view a report of the campaign’s CPV and CPE to assess overall performance.
Campaign Reporting analytics include data on:
- Likes and Comments
- Engagement Rate: Allows you to see granular analytics, cumulative, or per day.
- Audience Breakdown (by top markets, gender, age-range, device): Displays the true reach and audience demographic breakdown.
Collaboration with TikTok Creator is a good way to engage with consumers through creative content. If you are looking to use the platform for your campaign, TikTok Creator Marketplace could be a solution. While using the TikTok Creator Marketplace, it gives us the possibility to find the right influencers, the right topic, region, demographic for your campaign.
TikTok Creator Marketplace is currently using an “exclusively invitation-based experience system” therefore it’s a bit early to say every brand and creators are on the platform yet. But TikTok’s goal is that getting more brand and creator collaboration within the platform. In order to achieve this goal, TikTok is still updating its functions and ease of use.